Process in brief is as under
- Palm fruits bunches are sterilized traditionally by feeding in drums with water and by burning palm waste underneath so that steam produced will sterilize all palm fruits. This system has been upgraded by scientific steam pressurized sterilizer.
- Sterilized palm fruits bunches are emptied into a big hopper of palm fruit stripper and fed to stripper machine where palm fruits will be separated out by jumping the bunches and falling down and will be collected at bottom conveyor. About two tonnes of palm bunches will be processed and fruits will be separated and empties will come out from the discharge chute at the opposite end which will be excellent fuel for boiler after drying under the sun.
- This palm fruits will be fed to the digester kettle with steam jacket at the bottom. Feeding is automatic by palm fruits conveyor of 6 mt long which will feed palm fruits to Digester kettle which is mounted on the expeller and is driven by chain and sprockets from palm expeller shaft.
- In digester kettle, palm fruits will be vigourously cooked and then will be fed to Palm oil expeller just by gravity where crude palm oil will be extracted. Palm oil will be collected in the bottom tank and mixture of whole palm nuts and fibers will be discharged from the side of expeller.
- Palm nuts will be separated in a very simple machine Nut Fiber Separator. It is inclined cylinder of wire netting screen from which fibers will pass through and nuts will be collected at lower end of cylinder. Cylinder will revolve by 1 HP motor. Fibers will be again excellent fuel for boiler. Palm nuts can be sold out in the market.
- One steam engine of 20 hp will drive oil expeller and digester kettle. Another steam engine of 10 HP will drive palm fruits stripper. Third steam engine of 20 HP will drive generator for electricity for use for lighting, water pumping, for nut fiber separator etc etc. Capacity of the generator is far bigger than required. All the 3 steam engines will get the steam from one common boiler of 1 ton per hour capacity.
- You will not require outside electricity or diesel. So you will be completely independent from power problem. So you can run your mill round the clock and get full production without stop. Let prices of diesel and electricity increase 100 times, you are not affected at all.
- Factory shed requirement is 60 ft x 40 ft X 24 ft height. (18 mt x 12 mt x 7.5 mt )
- Power requirement NIL, NIL, NIL,
- Total cost of the plant is US$36500/- FOB cost. Electricity operated plant cost US$22000/-. If you can sterilize palm bunches traditionally in asphalt drums etc, Total plant cost will further reduce to US$ 19000/-
Ask for proforma invoice with individual prices of all equipments with desired destination port.
STEAM OPERATED OR ELECTRICITY OPERATED PALM OIL MILL?
If you have confusion about steam operated or electric operated palm oil mill, I should give you some guidance.
- You will observe that steam operated palm oil mill is very costly. US$40000/-. But electric operated mill is far cheaper. Only US$24000/-. So if electricity is easily available, electricity operated palm oil mill will be more convenient in working.
- In case of steam operated mill, you have to continuously operate boiler and arrange for enough fuel like palm fibre etc. If fuel is wet, it will give trouble in working. Two persons are continuously required to feed fuel to boiler. For steam engine operation also 2 more operators are required to attend steam engines. So 4 persons extra salary will be paid.
- But if electricity is not available or if its supply is erratic, then you may prefer your own independent steam power. If electricity is not round the clock, say only 6 hours or 8 hours, then you will suffer production loss. In case of steam, you can work round the clock once you have trained your workers to run boiler and steam engine.
- In case of steam, you require 800 lit of water per hour, which you do not require in electricity.
- If water quality is bad, say hard water coming from deep underground, then boiler life will reduce and water softening will be continuously required which comes with the boiler. But care is required because single boiler is costing US$14000/-. If water quality is good ( soft water) i.e. river water or surface water, then no problem of water quality.
From the above points, you can decide whether steam operated or electricity operated mill should be purchased.
PALM WASTE ENERGY REVOLUTION
PRODUCE YOUR OWN POWER FROM PALM WASTE
Highly suitable for rural electrification by green power Tiny palm oil mill generates a lot of fuel in the process it self - about 23% empty palm bunches, 15% fibers and 6% palm nut shells, totally 44% fuel. If you process 30 tonnes of bunches per day, palm waste is generated up to 12 tonnes which is very much valuable fuel. If you use steam power for running tiny palm oil mill, you will hardly consume 2 tonnes fuel per day. Thus you will have large surplus fuel almost 10 tonnes for generating extra power for rural electrification. If you want to run power house of 50 hp engine, 30KVA alternator and boiler, it will consume 2.5 tonnes palm waste in 24 hours. So you can run 4 such power houses round the clock from surplus fuel generated from your tiny palm oil mill. One such power house can give lights to 500 families for 6 hours at night and you can use power house for running industry such as maize milling, rice milling, water pumping etc for 18 hours. So one tiny palm oil mill will electrify 2000 homes (About 10000 population) and will make available green power for running 4 different industries in villages. This much power production will be from free of cost fuel. So tiny palm oil mill is really revolutionary blessing to the people and its waste is key factor for freedom and happiness of rural people.
This is PALM WASTE ENENRGY REVOLUTION.
LIMITATIONS OF TINY PALM OIL MILL
- We have no much experience of palm fruits, as in India, it is rarely available.
- We visited sophisticated huge palm oil mill in Malaysia which is too expensive and beyond the reach of most of the people.
- So I thought to develop very simple tiny palm oil mill for small investment for small farmers.
- I collected the literature and research books of palm fruit oil mill machinery and its process science from Malaysia and studied in depth. Then I developed various machines for tiny palm oil mill and tested it only once in my factory by bringing palm fruits from thousands of km away.
- My observation is that oil expeller worked very nicely. But oil is mixed with sludge which is very difficult to separate.
- Palm fruit stripper was developed later on. So we have never tested it. But I am sure that it works very nicely. Similarly atmospheric pressure sterilizer also has been developed subsequently But there is no doubt that it will work successfully.
- Nut fiber separator works very nicely.
- We had no any experience of oil clarifier. So we could not work on it. It is a matter of experience to add water 150% of oil quantity or more, allow to settle for many hours and separate the layer and decant the oil. It is heavily polluting process.
- Our palm nut cracker is simply breaker machine and it can not control over breaking or under breaking.
- We have not developed kernel shell separator as is available in big palm oil mill. You have to do it traditionally or by human labour.
- We tried our best to filter the red palm oil in our filter press in hot condition. It was winter season and immediately oil was becoming too thick to pass through pipe line even though we provided steam jacket to pipe line. It was too difficult process. But we got very excellent high quality of red palm oil of pleasing appearance.
- We have not developed any sludge separator which is found in big palm oil mills. So that small quantity of oil in the sludge will not be recovered.
- We have developed steam engines for independent power. Big palm oil mills produce their own power by big boiler and steam turbine. Similarly you can produce your own power for running your palm oil mill and also for selling the power in the market by using surplus palm waste.
- You should send here good technician for one week for training for steam engine and other machines. We will fully train him how to assemble steam engine, how to operate it, what to look after etc. But we should clarify that there is no palm fruits here and our people have never seen it. So our technicians are not useful to operate tiny palm oil mills.
- Once we brought 2 tones of palm fruits from 2000km away and tested our expeller. We had no sterilizer. So we cooked palm fruits in our cooking kettle of expeller. It worked very nicely. But general practice is to sterilize palm bunches before stripping off.
So if you are interested in our TINY PALM OIL MILL, it should be purchased with above limitations. Certainly you can not expect same performance as big palm oil mill. Preferably, you should visit here and get convinced about steam powered tiny palm oil mill which will be excellent. Once you install one palm oil mill, there will be huge demand for it and also steam power plants to generate electricity for rural electrification as every tiny palm oil mill will have surplus fuel for running 3 steam power plants. So think over and take decision.
Please go through my article APPEAL TO AFRICAN ELITES before doing anything.